Here we will answer all of the most common questions regarding the event
Just as Scala has transformed the way we build applications with functional programming, the ZIO stack is changing how we build strong, testable and provably correct APIs. With a focus on functional Scala and a real world application, this workshop is a practical way to learn full stack Scala 3 with ZIO and friends.
- ZIO HTTP
- ZIO JSON
- ZIO Test + TestContainers
What will you learn?
- Structuring a full-stack application for the ZIO stack
- Writing effectful, purely-functional modules for database interaction and web servers
- Separating business logic from the "operational" parts of an application
- Adding configuration
- Integrating Laminar with ZIO for a powerful frontend, on top of ScalaJS
- Adding full-stack features to an application
- Understanding patterns and anti-patterns while working with ZIO
- Building and configuring for dev, staging, prod
Who the workshop is for?
This workshop is aimed at mid-level Scala developers who want to understand all the major parts of the ZIO stack of libraries (see above) in a coherent way - why they exist, how they work together - while working on a practical project with realistic features and requirements that they might encounter on the job.
- Good command of the Scala language
- Being comfortable with the purely functional style of writing code
Good to have
- Some familiarity with ZIO - will help you "click" the pieces more easily
- Operational dexterity (navigating, refactoring, compiling, setup) - will allow you to focus more on the new content and ideas, rather than fixing compiler errors